Do you want to know how to remove stickers from car? It is no secret that some car owners tend to have little or no expertise in removing stickers from car. That is because facing the facts, it may be a little task, but it can take your time.
As car owners, we understand that it can be a great challenge to remove those stickers that are somewhere in your car’s bumper or even on the windshield.
Can I Remove Stickers From Car?
No matter the problems you may have been experiencing in getting rid of those stickers that add some ugly clues to your vehicle, you can now heave a sigh of relief because you have a solution.
We are happy to present to you, some of the tested and proven methods and procedures that any car owner with little or no expertise can remove stickers from car.
1. Hold An Ice Pack Over the Stickers
Who would have believed that ice could be one of the proven methods of getting rid of stickers in a car? Well, unexpected things do happen and if you haven’t heard about this method before, we are going to shock you the more.
What Do You Need?
To get rid of stickers from car using ice, you need to have some items handy to make it a hitch-free process:
- An ice pack or two
- Razor blade
Now that you have the two needed items (a pack of ice or more and a razor blade), the next thing is to get to work.
First, you are to hold the ice pack over the stickers on your car. The idea is to soften the stickers and to remove the adhesive that is in it.
Once that has been done, you are to put the razor blade to good use by using it to peel off the stickers. Be careful when doing that so you don’t have to scratch your car in the process.
2. Window Cleaner
It is important to point out that this method is strictly to be used only if the stickers are on your car’s windshield or windows.
That said, let’s look at the things that are involved to make the most out of this procedure of removing stickers from car.
The items you will need to maximize this method of removing stickers from car include but not limited to:
- Window cleaner
- A razor blade
How do you go about this procedure? Although it may seem to include similar items as the one in the first procedure, you must understand that the methods are different.
The first step is to spray the window cleaner on your car’s windows. Allow the cleaner/spray to settle for a few minutes before you proceed to the next step.
Second, use the razor blade effectively by using it to chip away the stickers from the windows. As you do so, pull up the stickers so you can have a better view of the ones still stuck on the windows. That way, you will be able to remove the stickers effectively.
Here is a helpful video to guide you:
Note: The stickers may not all come off at a go. So, you need to repeat the process. Ideally, you have to apply the window cleaner over again, chip the stickers with the razor blade, pull it up from the windows, and continue until the stickers are all removed.
Use Soapy Water and Tar Removal Substance
Applying stickers to your car (especially in the bumper region) is not out of place. Indeed, out of every 10 car owner tends to apply stickers to the bumper of their cars.
As much as a good number of car owners do that, only a few understand how to remove stickers from car.
If you are one of such car owners or you are looking for more inspirations to help you get rid of the stickers, you may want to try one of the most effective methods – using soapy water and tar removal substance.
What Do You Need To Get It Done?
The items needed for this method of removing stickers from car include are:
- A bucket
- Clean water
- Wash rag
- Tar removal substance
- Plastic spatula
- Spray bottle
3.Use the Washrag Only
- Pour a generous quantity of detergent into the bucket
- Pour in half a bucket of water
- Stir the detergent to make it soapy
- You can either dip the wash rag into the solution and use it to wash over the stickers many times until the soften
4. Try Using the Spray Bottle Method
- Or you pour some of the soapy water into the spray bottle
- Liberally spray the soapy water over the stickers and go over the surfaces several times. The action is designed to break down the adhesive that is at the back of the stickers
- Apply the tar removal substance on the stickers and apply the spray again
- After about 7 minutes, attempt lifting the stickers from the edges. If they come off, it means that you can easily remove them. If they don’t, you may have to apply the spray again until the stickers soften
5. Put the Plastic Spatula To Good Use
- Because of the vulnerability of the bumper to be scratched when using a razor blade, the ideal thing to do is to use your plastic spatula. Slip it under the lifted corner of the stickers that you earlier lifted.
- Continue until you remove the larger portion of the stickers so you can have more views to remove as much of the remaining stickers as possible
6. How To Remove Sticker Residues
- Dip the washrag into the soapy water and use it to wash across the other parts of the car that have residues of the stickers.
- Use the plastic spatula once again to remove those residues
You can watch this video for more tips:
- If you find out that some sticker residues are still left behind, it is advised that you apply small amounts of the tar removal substance to get them removed
You Can Remove Stickers From Your Car
Removing stickers from your car can be easy if you have the right steps to follow. We hope you got valuable insights on how you can get rid of those stickers on your car without scratching your car or spending more time than necessary.
Here is a recap of the three different steps you can use to remove stickers from car:
- Hold an ice pack over the stickers and use a razor blade to remove them
- Use a window cleaner and razor blade to scrap off the stickers
- Use soapy water and a small quantity of tar removal substance to get rid of stickers on your car
So, that is all you need to remove stickers from your car. Do you have questions or need more clarifications? You can drop your comments so we can find a way to help you out.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your car owner friends that are also looking for ways to remove stickers from car.